MA, LPC, ATR-BC, EMDR Trained
MA, LPC, ATR-BC, EMDR Trained
Diana (she/her) is a Board Certified Art Therapist and Licensed Professional Counselor who is passionate in helping folks heal and live their best lives. She believes the authenticity, connection, and safety in the therapeutic relationship is of central importance in the process of healing and change. Diana approaches healing as a collaborative journey in the therapy space and is honored to travel beside and guide folks on their path to (re)connecting to their own inherent wisdom and power.
Diana works with adults and adolescents and has extensive experience working with folks who struggle with posttraumatic stress, anxiety and panic, mood dysregulation, attachment wounds, women’s issues, LGBTQ+ related issues, and life transitions. Diana’s approach uses an attachment lens and integrates art therapy with Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) and Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) to encourage insight, healing, and growth. She is currently working on her certification in EMDR.
Prior to joining Be and Belong Counseling, Diana worked in a community mental health clinic for seven years and bore witness to the healing power of art, healthy relationships, and community. She worked as an art therapist with individuals of all ages, facilitated art therapy groups and workshops, and supported families in their healing journeys. Diana also provided master’s level intern supervision and was the lead art therapist for the clinic’s Art Therapy Services program. Diana has additional experience providing art therapy to adolescent and adult women in eating disorder clinics, children and adolescents in inpatient and residential facilities, elders in assisted living and nursing care centers, and youth in Head Start. In the years prior to becoming an art therapist, Diana provided intensive in-home therapy for children on the autism spectrum and their families.
When Diana removes her therapist hat, she can be found creating art, gardening, making pierogi, and exploring the natural world.
Bachelor of Arts in Psychology and Visual Art - University of Wisconsin—Milwaukee
Master of Arts in Art Therapy Counseling - Southern Illinois University EdwardsvilleLicense #: LPC.0016545ATR-BC Certification #: 15-364
• I am a proud grandchild to Ukrainian and Russian refugees.
• I speak English and grew up in a bilingual home. The language was lost within my generation and often led to mixed messages between cultural pride and cultural assimilation.
• I grew up in a white working-class family with connections to Catholicism.
• Mental health and substance use issues run in my family, though it is often not discussed and seeking help is stigmatized.
• Negative societal influences in and on my upbringing included racism, sexism, heterosexism, and fatphobia. I have been and continue to do unlearning around these areas.
• My body size has fluctuated throughout my life span, creating periods of time in which I have experienced size-based bias and thin privilege.
• My privilege includes being white, able-bodied, cisgender, heterosexual, educated, English-speaking, and a citizen.
MSW, LCSW, RPT-S, ACS,
EMDRIA Approved Consultant, Founder and Clinical Director