Tim (he/him) graduated with his MA in Clinical Mental Health Counseling at Denver Seminary and hopes to work with children, teens, and adults. He is passionate about providing care for those navigating racial and cultural identity, attachment wounds, men’s issues, anxiety, and life transitions. Tim is an adoptee from South Korea and is interested in working with other adoptees and their families.
He is influenced by person-centered, attachment theory, narrative, and family systems approaches. He also believes the integration of neurobiology in therapy can help establish a sense of safety and connection for clients, helping them connect their internal feelings with their somatic experiences.
Tim worked in non-profit ministry for several years as a video producer and photographer before transitioning to the counseling profession. As a creative, he believes storytelling is a powerful way to experience healing and wholeness. Tim and his wife enjoy trying new food and restaurants, drinking specialty and craft coffee, watching Marvel movies, hiking, and creating jingles about their dog and cat.
Bachelor of Arts in Television Journalism, West Virginia University
Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling- Denver Seminary
• Race/Ethnicity: I am Asian-American: Born in South Korea; Adopted by upper-middle-class white parents
• I identify as ethnically Korean but culturally white; I have very little connection to Korean or Asian culture other than my appearance.
• I have unknown medical and mental health history for my biological family.
• I am male, heterosexual, married.
• Spirituality: I am a Christian, but I am in the process of developing a more holistic understanding of faith. I am unlearning some aspects of conservative theology
• Privileges: I grew up in white culture, I identify as male, I am educated, I am an English-speaking, naturalized citizen.
• I am actively challenging internalized racism and sexism, as well as seeking ways to advocate for marginalized communities.
MSW, LCSW, RPT-S, ACS,
EMDRIA Approved Consultant, Founder and Clinical Director